Saturday, March 2, 2013

ADHD: My pledge

Ok, so I have been absent for a little while. Ok... a long while, life gets way busier than it ever should be. But I'm going to try to do better. Promise. *key word try :) *

I've decided to go in a second direction with the blog, and not just talk about the cool things that I do in class. This afternoon I was working on a presentation I will be doing at a local University. Every year they have a conference for up and coming and current teachers to share learning and teaching strategies to improve student learning. Well, I have been given a whole 55 minutes to teach about my topic, which is generally how to accommodate for students with ADHD. Well, truth be told, there is no way on earth I can share everything I want to share about ADHD in an hour's time, so I had to strategically pick points I wanted to cover in the time I was given. This frustrated me greatly, namely because of my passion for educating the masses about ADHD. So as I was cutting, and cutting, and trimming, from my presentation, I remembered this blog that is in the corner gathering dust. I was like, HEY! I will use the blog to share my passion, which really was part of my original intention for the creation of the blog, but as I said, life got in the way. I am going to do my best to dedicating a bit of time, as often as possible, to sharing facts and information about ADHD, and then strategies and accommodations in working with children with the condition. So I will blog a bit at at time, giving valuable info about a condition I live with and work with every day. I hope to gain some followers in this way, and I encourage you who do follow to post questions in the comments section about my posts, especially about things you would specifically like to know about in dealing with ADHD, and I will try to address them as I blog. I would like for it to start out informational, and then continue as an interactive forum, which allows me to help all teachers, and parents, who work with children with ADHD.

So there it is. My pledge to teach as many as I can about ADHD. I am going to go feed my family, then come back and do my first post, to give some definitions and descriptions of the disorder. Happy following!

No comments:

Post a Comment