Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ahhhh!! You HAVE to see this!

Ok, I wasn't going to post tonight but I could not help myself. I learned about this from another blog I found on Pinterest. The blog is called "A Turn to Learn" and here is the link:
http://aturntolearn.blogspot.com

It is a really cool blog. But the amazing thing I learned about tonight that I couldn't wait to post is voki! It creates talking avatars and has many different options to make it unique. It is awesome!!! I can see SOOO many applications for this, especially introducing historical characters to my students in a fun and new way! I just created a voki and I created this specific one first because I just got this new puppet that I also LOVE. It's a cheerleader puppet, to go with my sports theme, and I love her and named her Molly. Here she is:

And.... here is the voki I created to match her, I think the kids will totally get a kick out of it! I'll play the voki first, then bring out the puppet after saying Molly came to see them!





Totally awesome, right! I flipped over it. Of course, I am easily amused... but you have to admit this is cool! It took me all of two minutes to create this voki so it's not time consuming and will get your kids interested! Check it out yourself at www.voki.com!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It came out so awesome!!!

    I'm definitely a new follower! Welcome to blogging!!!

    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete